Learn more about the basics of your insurance policy, specifics for Florida policies, how to look out for property insurance fraud schemes, and how to protect yourself by downloading the handouts below.
Homeowners Insurance Basics
Protect Yourself from Being a Victim of Property Insurance Fraud
- National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) Consumer Resource Webpage – Find a variety of informational resources, report fraud, learn more about the insurance industry, and more.
- Office of Florida’s Insurance Consumer Advocate – Reach out for assistance, learn more about insurance policies, fraud, seek assistance, and more.
- Additionally, check out this educational tool about contractor solicitation fraud. Educate yourself and avoid falling victim to a fraud scheme.
- Contact the office directly at (850) 413-5923 & YourFLVoice@MyFloridaCFO.com.
- Office of Florida’s Chief Financial Officer, Division of Consumer Services: Find a variety of educational materials, verify agents and companies, and get insurance help. Contact the toll-free helpline at (877) 693-5236.
- Floridians for Honest Lending Video Series: View the video series with speakers including FAIR President, Paul Handerhan, as they discuss the state of Florida’s property insurance market, it’s problems, and advice for consumers.
- Florida Office of Insurance Regulation -The OIR offers information regarding flood risk and resources to help attain flood insurance
- Flood Smart – The official site of the National Flood Insurance Program: The NFIP offers flood insurance to help protect the life you’ve built and recover more quickly after a flood.
- Ready.gov– Safety advice for before, during, and after a flood so that residents can prepare in advance.